Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Heavy thoughts

It's been a hectic start to the new year with an impending move coming. Packing up 20 years of your life into boxes is truly a challenge. Especially when you're downsizing. Tonight marks the last night here at this place I've called home for the past 20 years of my life. So many memories attached to this place (not mentioning the boys I snuck into my bedroom) - sleepovers, bbqs, my first (and only) dog that has since then passed, the first time I rode a bike, the first time I bladed..getting slightly nostalgic here.

And unpacking a wardrobe that has been berated by my parents time and time again that there's just too much clothes, has only proven one theory - Your parents ARE ALWAYS right. This is Confessions of a Shopaholic 101. It's safe to say I feel immensely guilty now for giving into consumerism and wasting SO much money on shit I don't even use anymore. It's a very sobering experience to say the least. From now on, if I go on about how I need a pair of useless $10 shoes/a bag/a dress that is on 'sale' at far east plaza, please shoot me. You are given permission to.

Now I know, investment pieces are the ONLY way to go. ie. Those A. Wang Chukka Boots still deserve a place in my wardrobe. -Resolute-

No comments:

Post a Comment